San Francisco News
Tractor crashes into pole, sending driver to hospital
SAN FRANCISCO -- A tractor hit a utility pole this morning, knocking down wires in San Francisco's Bayview District, a fire department spokeswoman said.
The tractor driver lost control and hit the pole on Griffith Street between Ingerson and Jamestown avenues around 9:40 a.m., fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
The driver was taken to the hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening, she said.
The driver was the only person involved in the crash, she said.
crash, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- San Leandro police search for missing 10-year-old boy 5 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 37 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
28 min ago