San Francisco News
Tractor crashes into pole, sending driver to hospital
SAN FRANCISCO -- A tractor hit a utility pole this morning, knocking down wires in San Francisco's Bayview District, a fire department spokeswoman said.
The tractor driver lost control and hit the pole on Griffith Street between Ingerson and Jamestown avenues around 9:40 a.m., fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
The driver was taken to the hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening, she said.
The driver was the only person involved in the crash, she said.
crash, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 30 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos