San Francisco News
Marina District gas station robbed Thursday night
SAN FRANCISCO -- A gas station was robbed in San Francisco's Marina District on Thursday night, police said today.
The robbery was reported at about 8:15 p.m. in the 2400 block of Lombard Street.
A 31-year-old employee was behind the register at the station when a suspect came in and demanded that he open the register, according to police.
The victim opened the register and the suspect took cash from it, then ran to a van that drove away toward Divisadero Street with two other people in it, police said.
The suspects, described as men between 25 and 40 years old, had not been found as of this morning, according to police.
No weapon was seen during the robbery and the employee was not injured.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, marina district, SFPD, san francisco news
- San Leandro police search for missing 10-year-old boy 22 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 5 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 54 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 9 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
45 min ago