San Francisco News
Man shot in leg while inside store in Hayes Valley
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was shot in the leg while inside a store in San Francisco's Hayes Valley neighborhood on Saturday evening, a police spokesman said today.
The shooting was reported at 6:12 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of Grove Street near Octavia Street.
The 52-year-old victim and a younger acquaintance were inside the store when two suspects fired into it, apparently targeting the younger male, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
The younger victim was not hit but the 52-year-old was struck in the right leg by the gunfire. He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, Esparza said.
The suspects, described as two men in their mid 20s who were wearing all-black clothing, had not been found as of this afternoon, according to Esparza.
The younger victim left from the store before officers arrived and has not yet talked to police, Esparza said.
The shooting remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
hayes valley, shooting, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos