San Francisco News
Man shot in leg while inside store in Hayes Valley
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was shot in the leg while inside a store in San Francisco's Hayes Valley neighborhood on Saturday evening, a police spokesman said today.
The shooting was reported at 6:12 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of Grove Street near Octavia Street.
The 52-year-old victim and a younger acquaintance were inside the store when two suspects fired into it, apparently targeting the younger male, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
The younger victim was not hit but the 52-year-old was struck in the right leg by the gunfire. He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, Esparza said.
The suspects, described as two men in their mid 20s who were wearing all-black clothing, had not been found as of this afternoon, according to Esparza.
The younger victim left from the store before officers arrived and has not yet talked to police, Esparza said.
The shooting remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
hayes valley, shooting, san francisco news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died 9 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- I-5 in Stockton reopens after officer-involved shooting
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium 31 min ago
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Wendy's worker arrested after hiding pot in burger
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday