San Francisco News
Public hearing on Muni reliability problems
SAN FRANCISCO -- A public hearing to discuss reliability problems with the San Francisco Municipal Railway system is scheduled to take place at City Hall on Monday.
Supervisor Scott Wiener said the hearing will cover Muni's lack of reliability, lack of adequate maintenance, and need for increased investment, according to a statement from Wiener's office.
"Muni's performance has deteriorated, including a 57.2 percent on-time rate in August, many missed runs, broken down vehicles and other problems that have undermined reliability," Wiener said.
Monday's meeting of the Board of Supervisors Government Accountability and Oversight Committee is scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m. in City Hall Room 263.
muni, transportation, san francisco news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 3 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos