San Francisco News
Public hearing on Muni reliability problems
SAN FRANCISCO -- A public hearing to discuss reliability problems with the San Francisco Municipal Railway system is scheduled to take place at City Hall on Monday.
Supervisor Scott Wiener said the hearing will cover Muni's lack of reliability, lack of adequate maintenance, and need for increased investment, according to a statement from Wiener's office.
"Muni's performance has deteriorated, including a 57.2 percent on-time rate in August, many missed runs, broken down vehicles and other problems that have undermined reliability," Wiener said.
Monday's meeting of the Board of Supervisors Government Accountability and Oversight Committee is scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m. in City Hall Room 263.
muni, transportation, san francisco news
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 2 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 56 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup 10 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing... 31 min ago
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 18 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
18 min ago