San Francisco News
Public hearing on Muni reliability problems
SAN FRANCISCO -- A public hearing to discuss reliability problems with the San Francisco Municipal Railway system is scheduled to take place at City Hall on Monday.
Supervisor Scott Wiener said the hearing will cover Muni's lack of reliability, lack of adequate maintenance, and need for increased investment, according to a statement from Wiener's office.
"Muni's performance has deteriorated, including a 57.2 percent on-time rate in August, many missed runs, broken down vehicles and other problems that have undermined reliability," Wiener said.
Monday's meeting of the Board of Supervisors Government Accountability and Oversight Committee is scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m. in City Hall Room 263.
muni, transportation, san francisco news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers 23 min ago
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 17 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday