San Francisco News
Surfer stranded on rocks brought to shore
SAN FRANCISCO -- A surfer stranded on the rocks at San Francisco's Ocean Beach was rescued and brought to shore this morning, emergency officials said.
A U.S. Coast Guard motorboat found the male surfer who was reported stranded at the rocks near the Cliff House at 8:06 a.m. and brought him to shore where San Francisco fire crews assisted him, Coast Guard officials said.
A fire official said the surfer was brought to the Crissy Field area at 8:40 a.m.
rescue, ocean beach, san francisco news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Teen remembered 19 years after unsolved murder
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup
- Get Free Stuff: Coffee; Shampoo
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Unsolved murder vigil; Oakland shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday