San Francisco News
Surfer stranded on rocks brought to shore
SAN FRANCISCO -- A surfer stranded on the rocks at San Francisco's Ocean Beach was rescued and brought to shore this morning, emergency officials said.
A U.S. Coast Guard motorboat found the male surfer who was reported stranded at the rocks near the Cliff House at 8:06 a.m. and brought him to shore where San Francisco fire crews assisted him, Coast Guard officials said.
A fire official said the surfer was brought to the Crissy Field area at 8:40 a.m.
rescue, ocean beach, san francisco news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline 28 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro 33 min ago
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- Armed robbery at bingo fundraiser in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday