San Francisco News
Surfer stranded on rocks brought to shore
SAN FRANCISCO -- A surfer stranded on the rocks at San Francisco's Ocean Beach was rescued and brought to shore this morning, emergency officials said.
A U.S. Coast Guard motorboat found the male surfer who was reported stranded at the rocks near the Cliff House at 8:06 a.m. and brought him to shore where San Francisco fire crews assisted him, Coast Guard officials said.
A fire official said the surfer was brought to the Crissy Field area at 8:40 a.m.
rescue, ocean beach, san francisco news
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 48 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday