San Francisco News
Surfer stranded on rocks brought to shore
SAN FRANCISCO -- A surfer stranded on the rocks at San Francisco's Ocean Beach was rescued and brought to shore this morning, emergency officials said.
A U.S. Coast Guard motorboat found the male surfer who was reported stranded at the rocks near the Cliff House at 8:06 a.m. and brought him to shore where San Francisco fire crews assisted him, Coast Guard officials said.
A fire official said the surfer was brought to the Crissy Field area at 8:40 a.m.
rescue, ocean beach, san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash 50 min ago
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued