San Francisco News
Lopez to testify in person at Mirkarimi ethics hearing
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The ABC7 News I-Team has confirmed that the wife of suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi will testify on his behalf in person.
Late Thursday Mirkarimi's defense team announced that Eliana Lopez will testify before the city's Ethics Commission July 18 or 19.
They had asked the city to pay for her roundtrip plane ticket, saying Mirkarimi had run out of money since being suspended without pay, but it now appears a group of private donors will pay for Lopez's flight.
Mirkarimi is trying to retain his job as sheriff after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor false imprisonment charge relating to a New Year's Eve domestic dispute with Lopez.
ABC7's Dan Noyes traveled to Venezuela in May to talk exclusively with Lopez.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday