San Francisco News
Lopez to testify in person at Mirkarimi ethics hearing
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The ABC7 News I-Team has confirmed that the wife of suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi will testify on his behalf in person.
Late Thursday Mirkarimi's defense team announced that Eliana Lopez will testify before the city's Ethics Commission July 18 or 19.
They had asked the city to pay for her roundtrip plane ticket, saying Mirkarimi had run out of money since being suspended without pay, but it now appears a group of private donors will pay for Lopez's flight.
Mirkarimi is trying to retain his job as sheriff after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor false imprisonment charge relating to a New Year's Eve domestic dispute with Lopez.
ABC7's Dan Noyes traveled to Venezuela in May to talk exclusively with Lopez.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body