San Mateo County Superior Court facing major cuts
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Mateo County Superior Court is cutting jobs.
The county plans to cut up to two dozen positions, close five courtrooms, and suspend the majority of services in the South San Francisco and San Mateo branches.
The cuts will happen as early as July.
The county says its budget has been slashed by more than one billion dollars in the past five years.
san mateo county, south san francisco, san mateo, budget cuts, economy, jobs, unemployment, peninsula news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 54 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock 13 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 32 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan