San Mateo County Superior Court facing major cuts
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Mateo County Superior Court is cutting jobs.
The county plans to cut up to two dozen positions, close five courtrooms, and suspend the majority of services in the South San Francisco and San Mateo branches.
The cuts will happen as early as July.
The county says its budget has been slashed by more than one billion dollars in the past five years.
san mateo county, south san francisco, san mateo, budget cuts, economy, jobs, unemployment, peninsula news
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Bicyclist fatally struck by vehicle in Inner Mission 19 min ago
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo 27 min ago
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos