San Mateo County Superior Court facing major cuts
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Mateo County Superior Court is cutting jobs.
The county plans to cut up to two dozen positions, close five courtrooms, and suspend the majority of services in the South San Francisco and San Mateo branches.
The cuts will happen as early as July.
The county says its budget has been slashed by more than one billion dollars in the past five years.
san mateo county, south san francisco, san mateo, budget cuts, economy, jobs, unemployment, peninsula news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges 2 min ago
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
23 min ago