San Mateo County Superior Court facing major cuts
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Mateo County Superior Court is cutting jobs.
The county plans to cut up to two dozen positions, close five courtrooms, and suspend the majority of services in the South San Francisco and San Mateo branches.
The cuts will happen as early as July.
The county says its budget has been slashed by more than one billion dollars in the past five years.
san mateo county, south san francisco, san mateo, budget cuts, economy, jobs, unemployment, peninsula news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body