San Mateo County Superior Court facing major cuts
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Mateo County Superior Court is cutting jobs.
The county plans to cut up to two dozen positions, close five courtrooms, and suspend the majority of services in the South San Francisco and San Mateo branches.
The cuts will happen as early as July.
The county says its budget has been slashed by more than one billion dollars in the past five years.
san mateo county, south san francisco, san mateo, budget cuts, economy, jobs, unemployment, peninsula news
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 25 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 3 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup 33 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing... 54 min ago
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 41 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
41 min ago