Police investigating fatal shooting in East Palo Alto
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Police in East Palo Alto are investigating a shooting that killed a man Saturday night, police said.
Officers responded to the 2200 block of Capitol Avenue at about 9 p.m. after a Shotspotter was activated, according to police.
When officers arrived, they found 21-year-old Lamont Coleman, of East Palo Alto, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, police said.
Coleman was pronounced dead at the scene.
No suspect information was immediately available.
Anyone with any information is asked to call East Palo Alto police at (650) 321-1112, or anonymously, by voice or text, to (650) 409-6792, or by emailing anonymously to epatipnow.org.
shooting, east palo alto, peninsula news
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 25 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 10 min ago
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 9 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief 16 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
10 min ago