Police investigating fatal shooting in East Palo Alto
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Police in East Palo Alto are investigating a shooting that killed a man Saturday night, police said.
Officers responded to the 2200 block of Capitol Avenue at about 9 p.m. after a Shotspotter was activated, according to police.
When officers arrived, they found 21-year-old Lamont Coleman, of East Palo Alto, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, police said.
Coleman was pronounced dead at the scene.
No suspect information was immediately available.
Anyone with any information is asked to call East Palo Alto police at (650) 321-1112, or anonymously, by voice or text, to (650) 409-6792, or by emailing anonymously to epatipnow.org.
shooting, east palo alto, peninsula news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt 18 min ago
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos