Police investigating fatal shooting in East Palo Alto
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Police in East Palo Alto are investigating a shooting that killed a man Saturday night, police said.
Officers responded to the 2200 block of Capitol Avenue at about 9 p.m. after a Shotspotter was activated, according to police.
When officers arrived, they found 21-year-old Lamont Coleman, of East Palo Alto, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, police said.
Coleman was pronounced dead at the scene.
No suspect information was immediately available.
Anyone with any information is asked to call East Palo Alto police at (650) 321-1112, or anonymously, by voice or text, to (650) 409-6792, or by emailing anonymously to epatipnow.org.
shooting, east palo alto, peninsula news
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 49 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday