Police investigating fatal shooting in East Palo Alto
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Police in East Palo Alto are investigating a shooting that killed a man Saturday night, police said.
Officers responded to the 2200 block of Capitol Avenue at about 9 p.m. after a Shotspotter was activated, according to police.
When officers arrived, they found 21-year-old Lamont Coleman, of East Palo Alto, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, police said.
Coleman was pronounced dead at the scene.
No suspect information was immediately available.
Anyone with any information is asked to call East Palo Alto police at (650) 321-1112, or anonymously, by voice or text, to (650) 409-6792, or by emailing anonymously to epatipnow.org.
shooting, east palo alto, peninsula news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday