Woman killed while crossing the road
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A pedestrian was struck and killed while crossing the road in Palo Alto Friday night.
Officers were called around 8 p.m. to a report of a major injury accident in the 800 block of Embarcadero Road near Rinconada Park, police said.
Emergency responders arriving on the scene located the victim, a Palo Alto woman in her 70s who had been hit while crossing Embarcadero Road between Walnut Drive and Bret Harte Street, where there is no crosswalk, according to police.
The woman was taken to a local hospital where she later died from her injuries. Her name has not yet been released pending the notification of relatives.
Police said a San Jose woman in her 30s was driving the pickup truck that struck the victim. The driver stopped at the scene immediately after the collision and is cooperating fully with the police investigation.
The cause of the collision has not yet been determined, but police say alcohol and drugs do not appear to be a factor.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the collision to call (650) 329-2413. Those who wish to remain anonymous may email a tip to paloaltotipnow.org or sent a text or voice message to (650) 383-8984.
crash, palo alto, pedestrian struck, peninsula news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions 56 min ago
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday