Woman killed while crossing the road
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A pedestrian was struck and killed while crossing the road in Palo Alto Friday night.
Officers were called around 8 p.m. to a report of a major injury accident in the 800 block of Embarcadero Road near Rinconada Park, police said.
Emergency responders arriving on the scene located the victim, a Palo Alto woman in her 70s who had been hit while crossing Embarcadero Road between Walnut Drive and Bret Harte Street, where there is no crosswalk, according to police.
The woman was taken to a local hospital where she later died from her injuries. Her name has not yet been released pending the notification of relatives.
Police said a San Jose woman in her 30s was driving the pickup truck that struck the victim. The driver stopped at the scene immediately after the collision and is cooperating fully with the police investigation.
The cause of the collision has not yet been determined, but police say alcohol and drugs do not appear to be a factor.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the collision to call (650) 329-2413. Those who wish to remain anonymous may email a tip to paloaltotipnow.org or sent a text or voice message to (650) 383-8984.
crash, palo alto, pedestrian struck, peninsula news
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 5 min ago
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan