Water main break floods two Redwood City homes
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Crews are on scene of a water main break in Redwood City on Brewster Avenue and Warren Street, near the San Mateo County Government Center.
At least two homes are flooded. Crews are using pumps to remove water from the basements of those two homes. Police are diverting traffic around the area. Redwood City fire officials said the water came from an 8-inch diameter main. Most of the water ended up flowing into the storm drains.
There is no word yet on extent of any water service outages to the area.
redwood city, water main break, peninsula news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 53 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 34 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 23 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
53 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos