Water main break floods two Redwood City homes
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Crews are on scene of a water main break in Redwood City on Brewster Avenue and Warren Street, near the San Mateo County Government Center.
At least two homes are flooded. Crews are using pumps to remove water from the basements of those two homes. Police are diverting traffic around the area. Redwood City fire officials said the water came from an 8-inch diameter main. Most of the water ended up flowing into the storm drains.
There is no word yet on extent of any water service outages to the area.
redwood city, water main break, peninsula news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos