Water main break floods two Redwood City homes
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Crews are on scene of a water main break in Redwood City on Brewster Avenue and Warren Street, near the San Mateo County Government Center.
At least two homes are flooded. Crews are using pumps to remove water from the basements of those two homes. Police are diverting traffic around the area. Redwood City fire officials said the water came from an 8-inch diameter main. Most of the water ended up flowing into the storm drains.
There is no word yet on extent of any water service outages to the area.
redwood city, water main break, peninsula news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
59 min ago