Water main break floods two Redwood City homes
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Crews are on scene of a water main break in Redwood City on Brewster Avenue and Warren Street, near the San Mateo County Government Center.
At least two homes are flooded. Crews are using pumps to remove water from the basements of those two homes. Police are diverting traffic around the area. Redwood City fire officials said the water came from an 8-inch diameter main. Most of the water ended up flowing into the storm drains.
There is no word yet on extent of any water service outages to the area.
redwood city, water main break, peninsula news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract 47 min ago
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 54 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute 27 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos