North Bay News
Search suspended for missing man in Annadel State Park
The search for a missing Sacramento man in Annadel State Park was suspended Thursday afternoon, a Sonoma police lieutenant said.
Between 250 and 300 professional searchers on foot, horses, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and with dog teams participated in the six-day search for 34-year-old Jason Kyles, who was last seen in the park on Saturday, police Lt. Brett Sackett said.
Search and rescue teams from Marin, Alameda, Sonoma and Contra Costa counties searched for Lyles until early Sunday morning. Kyles' family considered him at risk because he was likely distraught over marital issues, Sackett said.
The family also said he had stopped using medical marijuana, and in a note he stated he intended to visit family members in New York, according to Sackett.
Kyles abandoned his Ford pickup truck on private property on Lawndale Road Saturday morning after speaking with a woman who lived on the property, Sackett said.
He also was reportedly seen naked and chanting in the park east of Santa Rosa on Saturday.
The search extended to the nearby Oakmont retirement community Tuesday after a hand and footprint were found in that area of the park.
Sackett said unless there is another "actionable lead", such as a sighting of Kyles or his contact with his family, the search has been suspended.
missing person, sonoma county, search and rescue, north bay news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580 20 min ago
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO 57 min ago
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose 40 min ago
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- 49ers fear Michael Crabtree has torn Achilles 35 min ago
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong 49 min ago
- Events planned to mark Harvey Milk Day 30 min ago
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel 14 min ago
- Rankings released of best and worst airlines
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs 18 min ago
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday