North Bay News
Three shot in Vallejo during home invasion
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- Vallejo police are looking for two gunmen who shot three people in a home invasion early this morning. It happened on McDougal Street.
The two armed men kicked in the front door of the residence at 3:40 a.m.
"It's crazy especially right here, out of all houses," said neighbor Angel Ramos.
Police, neighbors and relatives are all asking -- why this house? De Troung is wondering if it's because of a purchase his brother recently made.
"My brother did buy the best TV a couple of weeks back, it cost about $3,000. That was the most expensive thing he bought recently," said Troung.
The three people inside were all taken to the hospital.
The daughter who is about 19 or 20-years-old was the first to come face to face with the men. She was shot in the finger.
"The second homeowner to confront the suspects was a male in his 20s. He was shot in the face," said Vallejo Police Dept. Lt. Kenny Park.
And then their mother was shot in the hip. Detectives have spent the morning trying to find a motive, but so far have not found one.
"I'm not sure exactly why they were specifically targeted, but at this point we are treating it as a random act," said Park.
"We don't have problems with anybody," said Troung.
The dad in the family was away at work when the shootings took place.
The shooting victims are all expected to recover.
vallejo, shooting, home invasion, north bay news, amy hollyfield
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 36 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 36 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus 33 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 55 min ago
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive 37 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed