North Bay News
Fire at Guerneville resort sends 4 to hospital, downs power lines
GUERNVILLE, Calif. -- Four people were hospitalized and power lines knocked down after a two-alarm fire broke out early this morning at a Russian River resort, a Sonoma County Fire dispatcher said.
Firefighters were called around 3:45 a.m. to reports of a blaze at the Guerneville Lodge at 15905 River Road, according to the dispatcher.
When crews arrived, multiple occupants were still inside the building. Four occupants were transported to an area hospital, and the American Red Cross was called to assist others at the scene. The extent of the injuries was not immediately known.
No firefighters were reported injured in the blaze, which was knocked down around 4:30 a.m., according to the dispatcher.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, and crews remained on the scene as of 6:30 a.m.
The blaze also sent two power lines across both lanes of traffic on River Road, which has been closed from Bonita Avenue to state Highway 116, according to the CHP.
A fire dispatcher said that PG&E crews have been called to the scene to repair the power lines.
fire, russian river, evacuation, north bay news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 13 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
10 min ago