North Bay News
Fire at Guerneville resort sends 4 to hospital, downs power lines
GUERNVILLE, Calif. -- Four people were hospitalized and power lines knocked down after a two-alarm fire broke out early this morning at a Russian River resort, a Sonoma County Fire dispatcher said.
Firefighters were called around 3:45 a.m. to reports of a blaze at the Guerneville Lodge at 15905 River Road, according to the dispatcher.
When crews arrived, multiple occupants were still inside the building. Four occupants were transported to an area hospital, and the American Red Cross was called to assist others at the scene. The extent of the injuries was not immediately known.
No firefighters were reported injured in the blaze, which was knocked down around 4:30 a.m., according to the dispatcher.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, and crews remained on the scene as of 6:30 a.m.
The blaze also sent two power lines across both lanes of traffic on River Road, which has been closed from Bonita Avenue to state Highway 116, according to the CHP.
A fire dispatcher said that PG&E crews have been called to the scene to repair the power lines.
fire, russian river, evacuation, north bay news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5 45 min ago
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0 46 min ago
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday