North Bay News
Fire at Guerneville resort sends 4 to hospital, downs power lines
GUERNVILLE, Calif. -- Four people were hospitalized and power lines knocked down after a two-alarm fire broke out early this morning at a Russian River resort, a Sonoma County Fire dispatcher said.
Firefighters were called around 3:45 a.m. to reports of a blaze at the Guerneville Lodge at 15905 River Road, according to the dispatcher.
When crews arrived, multiple occupants were still inside the building. Four occupants were transported to an area hospital, and the American Red Cross was called to assist others at the scene. The extent of the injuries was not immediately known.
No firefighters were reported injured in the blaze, which was knocked down around 4:30 a.m., according to the dispatcher.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, and crews remained on the scene as of 6:30 a.m.
The blaze also sent two power lines across both lanes of traffic on River Road, which has been closed from Bonita Avenue to state Highway 116, according to the CHP.
A fire dispatcher said that PG&E crews have been called to the scene to repair the power lines.
fire, russian river, evacuation, north bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF 31 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 28 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 45 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- Mom bites dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos