North Bay News
Fire at Guerneville resort sends 4 to hospital, downs power lines
GUERNVILLE, Calif. -- Four people were hospitalized and power lines knocked down after a two-alarm fire broke out early this morning at a Russian River resort, a Sonoma County Fire dispatcher said.
Firefighters were called around 3:45 a.m. to reports of a blaze at the Guerneville Lodge at 15905 River Road, according to the dispatcher.
When crews arrived, multiple occupants were still inside the building. Four occupants were transported to an area hospital, and the American Red Cross was called to assist others at the scene. The extent of the injuries was not immediately known.
No firefighters were reported injured in the blaze, which was knocked down around 4:30 a.m., according to the dispatcher.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, and crews remained on the scene as of 6:30 a.m.
The blaze also sent two power lines across both lanes of traffic on River Road, which has been closed from Bonita Avenue to state Highway 116, according to the CHP.
A fire dispatcher said that PG&E crews have been called to the scene to repair the power lines.
fire, russian river, evacuation, north bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters 34 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 50 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos