North Bay News
One-year memorial held for slain Vallejo police officer
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Students at Vallejo High School were among the community members who came to honor Officer Jim Capoot at City Hall Saturday, one year after his death in the line of duty.
Officer Capoot was killed after a high-speed chase and foot pursuit of a bank robbery suspect.
He coached the girls basketball team at the high school and was remembered for his involvement in the local community.
Capoot's wife, Jennifer, spoke at the memorial, "And Jim loved coming to work every day. He loved his girls at Vallejo High School. He talked about them like they were his own girls. And Jim loved this community, he loved working here and I want to thank you all for loving him back."
Officer Capoot is survived by Jennifer and their three daughters. He was a 19 year veteran of the force.
vallejo, crime, shooting, police chase, north bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak 57 min ago
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos