North Bay News
One-year memorial held for slain Vallejo police officer
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Students at Vallejo High School were among the community members who came to honor Officer Jim Capoot at City Hall Saturday, one year after his death in the line of duty.
Officer Capoot was killed after a high-speed chase and foot pursuit of a bank robbery suspect.
He coached the girls basketball team at the high school and was remembered for his involvement in the local community.
Capoot's wife, Jennifer, spoke at the memorial, "And Jim loved coming to work every day. He loved his girls at Vallejo High School. He talked about them like they were his own girls. And Jim loved this community, he loved working here and I want to thank you all for loving him back."
Officer Capoot is survived by Jennifer and their three daughters. He was a 19 year veteran of the force.
vallejo, crime, shooting, police chase, north bay news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos