North Bay News
Slain Vallejo police officer honored in annual procession
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The late Vallejo police officer Jim Capoot is one of several law enforcement officers being honored Monday for making the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
Capoot was shot and killed November of last year by a suspected bank robber he was chasing.
This morning, a procession of police cars made their way to the state capitol for the special recognition ceremony.
This year's annual event is honoring a total of ten officers killed in the line of duty across the state.
vallejo, crime, music, sacramento, north bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash 47 min ago
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued