North Bay News
Slain Vallejo police officer honored in annual procession
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The late Vallejo police officer Jim Capoot is one of several law enforcement officers being honored Monday for making the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
Capoot was shot and killed November of last year by a suspected bank robber he was chasing.
This morning, a procession of police cars made their way to the state capitol for the special recognition ceremony.
This year's annual event is honoring a total of ten officers killed in the line of duty across the state.
vallejo, crime, music, sacramento, north bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday