North Bay News
Slain Vallejo police officer honored in annual procession
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The late Vallejo police officer Jim Capoot is one of several law enforcement officers being honored Monday for making the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
Capoot was shot and killed November of last year by a suspected bank robber he was chasing.
This morning, a procession of police cars made their way to the state capitol for the special recognition ceremony.
This year's annual event is honoring a total of ten officers killed in the line of duty across the state.
vallejo, crime, music, sacramento, north bay news
- Officials to give update on new Bay Bridge bolts 3 min ago
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire 49 min ago
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos