North Bay News
Slain Vallejo police officer honored in annual procession
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The late Vallejo police officer Jim Capoot is one of several law enforcement officers being honored Monday for making the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
Capoot was shot and killed November of last year by a suspected bank robber he was chasing.
This morning, a procession of police cars made their way to the state capitol for the special recognition ceremony.
This year's annual event is honoring a total of ten officers killed in the line of duty across the state.
vallejo, crime, music, sacramento, north bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 16 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 10 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
16 min ago
- International effort underway to find...
25 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting...
10 min ago