North Bay News
Two fundraisers for family of slain Vallejo officer
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Two fundraising events are scheduled today for the family of slain Vallejo police officer James Capoot.
The Contra Costa County Peace Officers Alliance is holding a fundraiser from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Skipolini's Pizza at 1535 Giammona Drive in Walnut Creek. Proceeds from dinner and a raffle will go to Capoot's family.
The cost is $15 for adults and $10 per child. Those wishing to buy tickets or make a donation can contact the Contra Costa County Peace Officers Alliance at email@example.com.
Round Table Pizza in the Southhampton Shopping Center at 878 Southampton Road in Benicia will donate 25 percent of its food receipts between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. to the Capoot family.
Capoot, 45, of Vacaville, was fatally shot while chasing a bank robbery suspect in Vallejo on Nov. 17. He was a Vallejo police officer for 19 years and is survived by his wife Jennifer and three daughters, Jillian, Jamie and Justine.
shooting, crime, vallejo, north bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 58 min ago
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 35 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery 23 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday