North Bay News
Two fundraisers for family of slain Vallejo officer
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Two fundraising events are scheduled today for the family of slain Vallejo police officer James Capoot.
The Contra Costa County Peace Officers Alliance is holding a fundraiser from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Skipolini's Pizza at 1535 Giammona Drive in Walnut Creek. Proceeds from dinner and a raffle will go to Capoot's family.
The cost is $15 for adults and $10 per child. Those wishing to buy tickets or make a donation can contact the Contra Costa County Peace Officers Alliance at email@example.com.
Round Table Pizza in the Southhampton Shopping Center at 878 Southampton Road in Benicia will donate 25 percent of its food receipts between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. to the Capoot family.
Capoot, 45, of Vacaville, was fatally shot while chasing a bank robbery suspect in Vallejo on Nov. 17. He was a Vallejo police officer for 19 years and is survived by his wife Jennifer and three daughters, Jillian, Jamie and Justine.
shooting, crime, vallejo, north bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case