North Bay News
Two fundraisers for family of slain Vallejo officer
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Two fundraising events are scheduled today for the family of slain Vallejo police officer James Capoot.
The Contra Costa County Peace Officers Alliance is holding a fundraiser from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Skipolini's Pizza at 1535 Giammona Drive in Walnut Creek. Proceeds from dinner and a raffle will go to Capoot's family.
The cost is $15 for adults and $10 per child. Those wishing to buy tickets or make a donation can contact the Contra Costa County Peace Officers Alliance at email@example.com.
Round Table Pizza in the Southhampton Shopping Center at 878 Southampton Road in Benicia will donate 25 percent of its food receipts between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. to the Capoot family.
Capoot, 45, of Vacaville, was fatally shot while chasing a bank robbery suspect in Vallejo on Nov. 17. He was a Vallejo police officer for 19 years and is survived by his wife Jennifer and three daughters, Jillian, Jamie and Justine.
shooting, crime, vallejo, north bay news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday