North Bay News
Memorial held for fallen Vallejo officer
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- A candlelight vigil was held on Sunday in memory of a Vallejo police officer killed in the line of duty.
Ofc. Jim Capoot was shot and killed Thursday while chasing a suspected bank robber. Capoot's family issued a statement over the weekend thanking the community for their outpouring of love and support.
The family went on to say anyone who wanted to show their respect for Capoot could do so by thanking an officer for their service.
Henry Albert Smith, a Fairfield resident, is being held on murder charges.
shooting, crime, vallejo, north bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 55 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Most Sherpas decide to leave Everest for the season
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- Powdered alcohols don't have approvals
- 92-year-old Navy veteran gets long-overdue medals
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos