North Bay News
Memorial held for fallen Vallejo officer
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- A candlelight vigil was held on Sunday in memory of a Vallejo police officer killed in the line of duty.
Ofc. Jim Capoot was shot and killed Thursday while chasing a suspected bank robber. Capoot's family issued a statement over the weekend thanking the community for their outpouring of love and support.
The family went on to say anyone who wanted to show their respect for Capoot could do so by thanking an officer for their service.
Henry Albert Smith, a Fairfield resident, is being held on murder charges.
shooting, crime, vallejo, north bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Helen Mirren steps in to help grant dying boy's wish
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday