North Bay News
Memorial held for fallen Vallejo officer
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- A candlelight vigil was held on Sunday in memory of a Vallejo police officer killed in the line of duty.
Ofc. Jim Capoot was shot and killed Thursday while chasing a suspected bank robber. Capoot's family issued a statement over the weekend thanking the community for their outpouring of love and support.
The family went on to say anyone who wanted to show their respect for Capoot could do so by thanking an officer for their service.
Henry Albert Smith, a Fairfield resident, is being held on murder charges.
shooting, crime, vallejo, north bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 20 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 2 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 5 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
2 min ago