East Bay News
Antioch police arrest suspect in Jack the Box shooting
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Police have arrested a 19-year-old man suspected of shooting and critically injuring another man in the parking lot of a Jack in the Box restaurant in Antioch on Sunday.
Elijah Hill, of Antioch, was arrested Tuesday evening in connection with the shooting, which happened in the parking lot of the fast-food restaurant at 4801 Lone Tree Way around 4 p.m. Sunday, according to police.
Police believe Hill shot the victim, a 33-year-old Antioch man, after the two got into an argument in the parking lot.
Officers arrived to find the victim sitting inside a vehicle suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was taken to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition Wednesday, police said.
Hill was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and taken to county jail in Martinez, where he is being held on $1.5 million bail.
Police said they expect to present their case to the Contra Costa County District Attorney's Office later this week.
antioch, shooting, restaurants, crime, guns, violence, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 18 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 51 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 19 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos