East Bay News
Antioch police arrest suspect in Jack the Box shooting
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Police have arrested a 19-year-old man suspected of shooting and critically injuring another man in the parking lot of a Jack in the Box restaurant in Antioch on Sunday.
Elijah Hill, of Antioch, was arrested Tuesday evening in connection with the shooting, which happened in the parking lot of the fast-food restaurant at 4801 Lone Tree Way around 4 p.m. Sunday, according to police.
Police believe Hill shot the victim, a 33-year-old Antioch man, after the two got into an argument in the parking lot.
Officers arrived to find the victim sitting inside a vehicle suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was taken to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition Wednesday, police said.
Hill was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and taken to county jail in Martinez, where he is being held on $1.5 million bail.
Police said they expect to present their case to the Contra Costa County District Attorney's Office later this week.
antioch, shooting, restaurants, crime, guns, violence, east bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Serious accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 43 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown 21 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
12 min ago