East Bay News
Oakland's Paramount Theater honored at Preservation Ball
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A big party's planned in the East Bay to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the reopening of one of art deco's grandest landmarks.
After three years of being shuttered, money was raised in 1973 to do a complete restoration of Oakland's Paramount Theatre. It's now home of the Oakland East Bay Symphony and classic movies once a month.
The Art Deco Society of California is celebrating the theatre's preservation by holding a ball there this Saturday.
"The Paramount Theatre is the most spectacular art deco structure almost in the world," Art Deco Preservation Ball founder Laurie Gordon said. "There are some others that are quite grand but most people who have seen the paramount think this is the ultimate in art deco architecture."
For details about the Art Deco Preservation Ball, click here.
oakland, celebrity, art, music, movies, east bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 45 min ago
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 42 min ago
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers 40 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
45 min ago
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
40 min ago