East Bay News
Girl shot in leg with arrow gets gift from Taylor Swift
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Rafael girl struck by an arrow outside the Lawrence Hall of Science last week received a surprise care package from her favorite pop star.
Eight-year-old Nadine Hairston was hit by an arrow while on a field trip at UC Berkeley's Lawrence Hall of Science last Tuesday. She's recovering quickly.
Tuesday, a get-well package arrived from country pop star Taylor Swift packed with goodies like a t-shirt, poster and backpack. The musician's gesture is significant to Nadine because she used Swift's songs to help keep her cool while being rushed to the hospital.
Apparently Swift decided to send the surprise after seeing tweets about Nadine.
Nadine's sister gave her an ironic gift to help her recover: a bow and arrow, compliments of Mr. Mopps' toy store in Berkeley.
Police are still searching for the person who shot the arrow.
children, berkeley, UC, uc berkeley, celebrity, music, east bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 45 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 13 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire 1 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
34 min ago