East Bay News
One killed in multi-car crash on WB I-80 in Richmond
RICHMOND, Calif. -- All lanes are now open after a multi-car crash left one person dead and shut down part of westbound interstate Highway 80 in Richmond Saturday afternoon.
The fatal crash was reported around 1:15 p.m. on westbound Highway 80 near the Carlson Boulevard exit, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The CHP is reporting that a black car was heading west on Highway 80 when it crashed into the roadway's center divider, also hitting multiple other cars along the way.
One car involved in the crash overturned.
The CHP issued a Sig-alert for the crash at 1:33 p.m., closing all lanes and re-routing traffic. All lanes reopened around 4:30 p.m.
(ABC7 News contributed to this report)
richmond, crash, CHP, I-80, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 3 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 2 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos