East Bay News
Early morning fire damages several cars in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Some car owners in Oakland are contacting their insurance companies about damage after a strange fire Friday morning.
A tree caught fire around 2 a.m. on Nicol Avenue near Champion Street, taking down power lines and causing damage to nearby cars.
PG&E crews spent the morning making repairs to the lines.
Investigators are trying to determine what caused the fire.
oakland, fire, car fire, insurance, PG&E, east bay news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 34 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home 20 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body