East Bay News
Early morning fire damages several cars in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Some car owners in Oakland are contacting their insurance companies about damage after a strange fire Friday morning.
A tree caught fire around 2 a.m. on Nicol Avenue near Champion Street, taking down power lines and causing damage to nearby cars.
PG&E crews spent the morning making repairs to the lines.
Investigators are trying to determine what caused the fire.
oakland, fire, car fire, insurance, PG&E, east bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 36 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 59 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 18 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 32 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case