East Bay News
Early morning fire damages several cars in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Some car owners in Oakland are contacting their insurance companies about damage after a strange fire Friday morning.
A tree caught fire around 2 a.m. on Nicol Avenue near Champion Street, taking down power lines and causing damage to nearby cars.
PG&E crews spent the morning making repairs to the lines.
Investigators are trying to determine what caused the fire.
oakland, fire, car fire, insurance, PG&E, east bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament 24 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos