East Bay News
Early morning fire damages several cars in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Some car owners in Oakland are contacting their insurance companies about damage after a strange fire Friday morning.
A tree caught fire around 2 a.m. on Nicol Avenue near Champion Street, taking down power lines and causing damage to nearby cars.
PG&E crews spent the morning making repairs to the lines.
Investigators are trying to determine what caused the fire.
oakland, fire, car fire, insurance, PG&E, east bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan