East Bay News
Three people recovering after being shot
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Three people were hospitalized after being shot in Oakland Saturday night, an officer said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 9600 block of Birch Street at about 10:40 p.m., Officer Kevin McDonald said.
When officers arrived, they found three people suffering from gunshot wounds, McDonald said.
All three were transported to a hospital to be treated for their injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, he said.
The suspects fled the scene of the shooting and remain at large, McDonald said.
The shooting is under investigation.
shooting, oakland, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 18 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 51 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 19 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos