East Bay News
Three people recovering after being shot
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Three people were hospitalized after being shot in Oakland Saturday night, an officer said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 9600 block of Birch Street at about 10:40 p.m., Officer Kevin McDonald said.
When officers arrived, they found three people suffering from gunshot wounds, McDonald said.
All three were transported to a hospital to be treated for their injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, he said.
The suspects fled the scene of the shooting and remain at large, McDonald said.
The shooting is under investigation.
shooting, oakland, east bay news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches 6 min ago
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Giants pitcher Sergio Romo gets ice cream flavor
- Blanco's 2-run triple in 7th helps Giants win, 4-2 52 min ago
- Woman stabbed, killed on Hollywood's Walk of Fame
- Oakland theater to host "Fruitvale Station" screening
- Sonoma-Marin Fair holding "Ugliest Dog" contest
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
17 min ago