East Bay News
Three people recovering after being shot
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Three people were hospitalized after being shot in Oakland Saturday night, an officer said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 9600 block of Birch Street at about 10:40 p.m., Officer Kevin McDonald said.
When officers arrived, they found three people suffering from gunshot wounds, McDonald said.
All three were transported to a hospital to be treated for their injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, he said.
The suspects fled the scene of the shooting and remain at large, McDonald said.
The shooting is under investigation.
shooting, oakland, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday