East Bay News
Three people recovering after being shot
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Three people were hospitalized after being shot in Oakland Saturday night, an officer said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 9600 block of Birch Street at about 10:40 p.m., Officer Kevin McDonald said.
When officers arrived, they found three people suffering from gunshot wounds, McDonald said.
All three were transported to a hospital to be treated for their injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, he said.
The suspects fled the scene of the shooting and remain at large, McDonald said.
The shooting is under investigation.
shooting, oakland, east bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday