Two women assaulted, chased by thieves
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Two women were chased from their San Jose home and assaulted after they encountered thieves breaking into their car early this morning, police said.
The victims were at their home in the 400 block of Mahoney Drive around 1:45 a.m. when they heard someone breaking into their car, San Jose police Sgt. Jason Dwyer said.
When they yelled at the suspect to stop, he chased them into the house and allegedly punched one of the women in the face.
Both victims fled the house and the suspect and another male suspect chased them, Dwyer said. One suspect allegedly assaulted one of the women before the victims were able to flee to a neighbor's house.
The suspects then went back to the house and allegedly stole multiple items before fleeing the scene on foot, Dwyer said. Both remain at large.
One victim was treated at a hospital for minor injuries, he said.
san jose, crime, local news
- 4-alarm fire burning at building near China Basin 8 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident 17 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos