Man arrested for child molestation in Morgan Hill
MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- Police arrested a 65-year-old man Thursday in connection with the molestation of four children in Morgan Hill.
The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office filed eight counts of child molestation with special circumstances against Morgan Hill resident Miguel Saucedo Delgado on Thursday and a $500,000 warrant was issued for his arrest, police said.
As part of the investigation, Morgan Hill police served a search warrant at Delgado's residence at about 1:20 p.m. and seized numerous items of evidence.
While Delgado was not home during the search of his residence, he was contacted by investigators a short time later and surrendered to police.
Three of the four victims were still juveniles at the time the incidents were reported to police. The victims told police Delgado sexually abused them while they resided in Morgan Hill and were between 5 and 13 years old.
Delgado was booked into county jail on eight counts of child molestation with a special circumstance for multiple victims.
Anyone with information regarding the case or who has also been a victim of Delgado is encouraged to contact Morgan Hill police Detective Burdick at (408) 779-2101 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 947-7867.
crime, identity theft, morgan hill, local news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash 50 min ago
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued