Man arrested for child molestation in Morgan Hill
MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- Police arrested a 65-year-old man Thursday in connection with the molestation of four children in Morgan Hill.
The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office filed eight counts of child molestation with special circumstances against Morgan Hill resident Miguel Saucedo Delgado on Thursday and a $500,000 warrant was issued for his arrest, police said.
As part of the investigation, Morgan Hill police served a search warrant at Delgado's residence at about 1:20 p.m. and seized numerous items of evidence.
While Delgado was not home during the search of his residence, he was contacted by investigators a short time later and surrendered to police.
Three of the four victims were still juveniles at the time the incidents were reported to police. The victims told police Delgado sexually abused them while they resided in Morgan Hill and were between 5 and 13 years old.
Delgado was booked into county jail on eight counts of child molestation with a special circumstance for multiple victims.
Anyone with information regarding the case or who has also been a victim of Delgado is encouraged to contact Morgan Hill police Detective Burdick at (408) 779-2101 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 947-7867.
crime, identity theft, morgan hill, local news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday