Man arrested for child molestation in Morgan Hill
MORGAN HILL, Calif. -- Police arrested a 65-year-old man Thursday in connection with the molestation of four children in Morgan Hill.
The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office filed eight counts of child molestation with special circumstances against Morgan Hill resident Miguel Saucedo Delgado on Thursday and a $500,000 warrant was issued for his arrest, police said.
As part of the investigation, Morgan Hill police served a search warrant at Delgado's residence at about 1:20 p.m. and seized numerous items of evidence.
While Delgado was not home during the search of his residence, he was contacted by investigators a short time later and surrendered to police.
Three of the four victims were still juveniles at the time the incidents were reported to police. The victims told police Delgado sexually abused them while they resided in Morgan Hill and were between 5 and 13 years old.
Delgado was booked into county jail on eight counts of child molestation with a special circumstance for multiple victims.
Anyone with information regarding the case or who has also been a victim of Delgado is encouraged to contact Morgan Hill police Detective Burdick at (408) 779-2101 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 947-7867.
crime, identity theft, morgan hill, local news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died 30 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela 33 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty 21 min ago
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues
- Marcus Books strikes deal with owners to stay
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: Radiant Orchid 2014 Color of the Year 52 min ago
- roundup: Sports Cap Bandit; SF hit-and-run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday