Nurses on strike at 10 Bay Area hospitals
Hundreds of Bay Area nurses have walked off the job for the second time in three weeks.
The California Nurses Association says nurses are striking at eight hospitals operated by Sutter Health and two San Jose hospitals operated by Hospital Corporation of America. They are holding rallies and picketing as both sides remain at odds over staffing levels, sick leave and other issues.
The hospitals affected include medical centers in - Oakland, Berkeley, Castro Valley, San Leandro, Antioch, Novato, Vallejo and San Jose.
List of locations:
- Novato Community Hospital, 180 Rowland Way, Novato
- Alta Bates Summit, 2450 Ashby, Berkeley
- Alta Bates Herrick Campus, 2001 Dwight Way, Berkeley
- Eden Medical Center, 20103 Lake Chabot Road, Castro Valley
- Sutter Delta, Antioch, 3901 Lone Tree Way, Antioch
- Sutter Solano, Vallejo, 300 Hospital Drive, Vallejo
- Alta Bates Summit, Oakland, 350 Hawthorne, Oakland
- San Leandro Hospital, 13855 E. 14th Street, San Leandro
Another 1,500 RNs will be on strike for one-day, Nov. 20, at:
- Regional Medical Center, 225 North Jackson Ave., San Jose
- Good Samaritan Hospital, 2425 Samaritan Drive, San Jose
san jose, strike, local news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...