Nurses on strike at 10 Bay Area hospitals
Hundreds of Bay Area nurses have walked off the job for the second time in three weeks.
The California Nurses Association says nurses are striking at eight hospitals operated by Sutter Health and two San Jose hospitals operated by Hospital Corporation of America. They are holding rallies and picketing as both sides remain at odds over staffing levels, sick leave and other issues.
The hospitals affected include medical centers in - Oakland, Berkeley, Castro Valley, San Leandro, Antioch, Novato, Vallejo and San Jose.
List of locations:
- Novato Community Hospital, 180 Rowland Way, Novato
- Alta Bates Summit, 2450 Ashby, Berkeley
- Alta Bates Herrick Campus, 2001 Dwight Way, Berkeley
- Eden Medical Center, 20103 Lake Chabot Road, Castro Valley
- Sutter Delta, Antioch, 3901 Lone Tree Way, Antioch
- Sutter Solano, Vallejo, 300 Hospital Drive, Vallejo
- Alta Bates Summit, Oakland, 350 Hawthorne, Oakland
- San Leandro Hospital, 13855 E. 14th Street, San Leandro
Another 1,500 RNs will be on strike for one-day, Nov. 20, at:
- Regional Medical Center, 225 North Jackson Ave., San Jose
- Good Samaritan Hospital, 2425 Samaritan Drive, San Jose
san jose, strike, local news
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Shooting sends 2 deputies, suspect to hospital
- All-clear given after gas line fire in Oakland
- Freeze Warning issued for parts of Bay Area tonight 4 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Box labeled 'radioactive' was stolen from Walnut Creek
- Possible human remains found at Lake Sonoma
- San Jose council names Esquivel new police chief
- Boy suspended for kissing classmate's hand 55 min ago
- KXTV: 8 hurt when SUV crashes into Folsom...
- AP source: A's trade LHP Brett Anderson to Rockies
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- roundup: Oakland fire; Asiana crash hearing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Freeze Warning issued for parts of Bay Area...
4 min ago