Nurses on strike at 10 Bay Area hospitals
Hundreds of Bay Area nurses have walked off the job for the second time in three weeks.
The California Nurses Association says nurses are striking at eight hospitals operated by Sutter Health and two San Jose hospitals operated by Hospital Corporation of America. They are holding rallies and picketing as both sides remain at odds over staffing levels, sick leave and other issues.
The hospitals affected include medical centers in - Oakland, Berkeley, Castro Valley, San Leandro, Antioch, Novato, Vallejo and San Jose.
List of locations:
- Novato Community Hospital, 180 Rowland Way, Novato
- Alta Bates Summit, 2450 Ashby, Berkeley
- Alta Bates Herrick Campus, 2001 Dwight Way, Berkeley
- Eden Medical Center, 20103 Lake Chabot Road, Castro Valley
- Sutter Delta, Antioch, 3901 Lone Tree Way, Antioch
- Sutter Solano, Vallejo, 300 Hospital Drive, Vallejo
- Alta Bates Summit, Oakland, 350 Hawthorne, Oakland
- San Leandro Hospital, 13855 E. 14th Street, San Leandro
Another 1,500 RNs will be on strike for one-day, Nov. 20, at:
- Regional Medical Center, 225 North Jackson Ave., San Jose
- Good Samaritan Hospital, 2425 Samaritan Drive, San Jose
san jose, strike, local news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges 52 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network 47 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major-injury crash blocking lanes on NB I-880 44 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 30 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 25 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- San Jose police officer facing sexual...
52 min ago