I-Team: SEC files civil complaint against Walter Ng
We have an update to an I-Team investigation into what could turn out to be the largest securities fraud in California history.
On Thursday, the Securities and Exchange Commission filed a civil complaint against Walter Ng, his son, Kelly and partner Bruce Horwitz for "secretly using the assets of a new real estate fund to rescue an older, rapidly collapsing fund."
The SEC also accuses the East Bay men of lying to investors about the health of their funds. It's been two-and-a-half years since the I-Team first exposed the scandal involving more than $700 million and thousands of investors. Many of those investors lost their life's savings.
An attorney involved in the case says to expect criminal charges against the men soon.
SEC, FBI, oakland, lawsuit, fraud, i-team, dan noyes
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients 11 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC 32 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 53 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 54 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
21 min ago