I-Team: SEC files civil complaint against Walter Ng
We have an update to an I-Team investigation into what could turn out to be the largest securities fraud in California history.
On Thursday, the Securities and Exchange Commission filed a civil complaint against Walter Ng, his son, Kelly and partner Bruce Horwitz for "secretly using the assets of a new real estate fund to rescue an older, rapidly collapsing fund."
The SEC also accuses the East Bay men of lying to investors about the health of their funds. It's been two-and-a-half years since the I-Team first exposed the scandal involving more than $700 million and thousands of investors. Many of those investors lost their life's savings.
An attorney involved in the case says to expect criminal charges against the men soon.
SEC, FBI, oakland, lawsuit, fraud, i-team, dan noyes
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 38 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 46 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 20 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch