I-Team: SEC files civil complaint against Walter Ng
We have an update to an I-Team investigation into what could turn out to be the largest securities fraud in California history.
On Thursday, the Securities and Exchange Commission filed a civil complaint against Walter Ng, his son, Kelly and partner Bruce Horwitz for "secretly using the assets of a new real estate fund to rescue an older, rapidly collapsing fund."
The SEC also accuses the East Bay men of lying to investors about the health of their funds. It's been two-and-a-half years since the I-Team first exposed the scandal involving more than $700 million and thousands of investors. Many of those investors lost their life's savings.
An attorney involved in the case says to expect criminal charges against the men soon.
SEC, FBI, oakland, lawsuit, fraud, i-team, dan noyes
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Elevator company cited in death at Levi's Stadium
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco 19 min ago
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions 40 min ago
- Spotify launches free mobile streaming service 54 min ago
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child 29 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world 16 min ago
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday