Ben Affleck to live on $1.50 a day food budget
Actor Ben Affleck is ready for his most challenging role yet.
The Oscar winner plans to participate in the Live Below the Line poverty challenge. It is a fundraising event where participants live on a $1.50 a day food budget, for a week.
The challenge was created to raise awareness about global poverty levels and extreme hunger experienced by millions of people every day.
Affleck hopes that by participating in the challenge he can raise money for his Eastern Congo initiative.
celebrity, food, entertainment
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 14 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 3 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 3 min ago
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
14 min ago