Ben Affleck to live on $1.50 a day food budget
Actor Ben Affleck is ready for his most challenging role yet.
The Oscar winner plans to participate in the Live Below the Line poverty challenge. It is a fundraising event where participants live on a $1.50 a day food budget, for a week.
The challenge was created to raise awareness about global poverty levels and extreme hunger experienced by millions of people every day.
Affleck hopes that by participating in the challenge he can raise money for his Eastern Congo initiative.
celebrity, food, entertainment
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 33 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos