Time Magazine unveils its 100 most influential people list
Time Magazine released its annual list of 100 most influential people in the world on Thursday.
Pakistani teenager Malala Yousafzai, hip hop artist Jay Z and President Barack Obama have been named among the most influential people in the world by the magazine.
President Barack Obama is on the list for the eighth time, more than any other person on the list.
Time says the list wasn't ranked, instead it's broken down into distinct categories including titans, pioneers, icons, leaders and artists.
For the first time the issue features seven separate covers, each featuring a member of the TIME 100.
This year's list includes 35 women.
barack obama, celebrity, entertainment
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 35 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday