'Banana Joe' the affenpinscher wins Westminster
NEW YORK -- Banana Joe is America's top dog.
The affenpinscher with the monkeylike face and wagging tail was picked as best in show Tuesday night at the Westminster Kennel Club.
The 5-year-old earned his 86th best in show, a day before he was set to fly back to the Netherlands with his owner.
An old English sheepdog only 20 months old was picked as the runner-up at Madison Square Garden.
Also in the best-of-seven final ring were a German wirehaired pointer ranked as the nation's No. 1 show dog, an American foxhound, a Portuguese water dog, a bichon frise and a smooth fox terrier.
There were 2,721 entries in the 137th Westminster.
- Paul McCartney will play the final show at Candlestick 9 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion