Merger expected beween American & U.S. Airways
A deal to create a new airline giant is in the works. Sources say a merger between American Airlines and U.S. Airways worth more than $10 billion could be announced next week.
The Wall Street Journal reports the two are just hashing out the last major details right now after nearly a year of talks.
American debuted a new logo and paint scheme on some of its jets a few weeks ago; a move that some now say was a sign the deal was good to go.
The new carrier is expected to retain the American Airlines name and be based out of Texas.
american airlines, airline industry, business
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges 10 min ago
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday 22 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos