Merger expected beween American & U.S. Airways
A deal to create a new airline giant is in the works. Sources say a merger between American Airlines and U.S. Airways worth more than $10 billion could be announced next week.
The Wall Street Journal reports the two are just hashing out the last major details right now after nearly a year of talks.
American debuted a new logo and paint scheme on some of its jets a few weeks ago; a move that some now say was a sign the deal was good to go.
The new carrier is expected to retain the American Airlines name and be based out of Texas.
american airlines, airline industry, business
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 34 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes 24 min ago
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter 18 min ago
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday