Merger expected beween American & U.S. Airways
A deal to create a new airline giant is in the works. Sources say a merger between American Airlines and U.S. Airways worth more than $10 billion could be announced next week.
The Wall Street Journal reports the two are just hashing out the last major details right now after nearly a year of talks.
American debuted a new logo and paint scheme on some of its jets a few weeks ago; a move that some now say was a sign the deal was good to go.
The new carrier is expected to retain the American Airlines name and be based out of Texas.
american airlines, airline industry, business
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 19 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
19 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos