Merger expected beween American & U.S. Airways
A deal to create a new airline giant is in the works. Sources say a merger between American Airlines and U.S. Airways worth more than $10 billion could be announced next week.
The Wall Street Journal reports the two are just hashing out the last major details right now after nearly a year of talks.
American debuted a new logo and paint scheme on some of its jets a few weeks ago; a move that some now say was a sign the deal was good to go.
The new carrier is expected to retain the American Airlines name and be based out of Texas.
american airlines, airline industry, business
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday