Marissa Mayer lays out future plans for Yahoo
Yahoo's next big move will be to personalize the internet for your smartphone or tablet.
At the World Economic Forum in Davos Friday, Yahoo Chief Executive Marissa Mayer told Bloomberg News she hopes to take her company to the next level, beyond Facebook.
"Facebook provides an amazing platform and so I think it will be one of the predominant platforms. But now what happens with social is what you do with it. It's not just writing down who your friends are. It's taking that and finding useful content and telling me hey you know you're in Davos right now, do you know who else is? And being able to offer me the opportunity to opportunistically meet up with somebody I didn't know would be here," Mayer said.
Mayer sees big opportunities for Yahoo and hopes to establish partnerships with Facebook, Google and Apple.
smartphones, tablets, yahoo, google, facebook, apple, business
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died 45 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- I-5 in Stockton reopens after officer-involved shooting
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Wendy's worker arrested after hiding pot in burger
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday