Marissa Mayer lays out future plans for Yahoo
Yahoo's next big move will be to personalize the internet for your smartphone or tablet.
At the World Economic Forum in Davos Friday, Yahoo Chief Executive Marissa Mayer told Bloomberg News she hopes to take her company to the next level, beyond Facebook.
"Facebook provides an amazing platform and so I think it will be one of the predominant platforms. But now what happens with social is what you do with it. It's not just writing down who your friends are. It's taking that and finding useful content and telling me hey you know you're in Davos right now, do you know who else is? And being able to offer me the opportunity to opportunistically meet up with somebody I didn't know would be here," Mayer said.
Mayer sees big opportunities for Yahoo and hopes to establish partnerships with Facebook, Google and Apple.
smartphones, tablets, yahoo, google, facebook, apple, business
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 19 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 52 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 20 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos