Marissa Mayer lays out future plans for Yahoo
Yahoo's next big move will be to personalize the internet for your smartphone or tablet.
At the World Economic Forum in Davos Friday, Yahoo Chief Executive Marissa Mayer told Bloomberg News she hopes to take her company to the next level, beyond Facebook.
"Facebook provides an amazing platform and so I think it will be one of the predominant platforms. But now what happens with social is what you do with it. It's not just writing down who your friends are. It's taking that and finding useful content and telling me hey you know you're in Davos right now, do you know who else is? And being able to offer me the opportunity to opportunistically meet up with somebody I didn't know would be here," Mayer said.
Mayer sees big opportunities for Yahoo and hopes to establish partnerships with Facebook, Google and Apple.
smartphones, tablets, yahoo, google, facebook, apple, business
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 7 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 10 min ago
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown