Marissa Mayer lays out future plans for Yahoo
Yahoo's next big move will be to personalize the internet for your smartphone or tablet.
At the World Economic Forum in Davos Friday, Yahoo Chief Executive Marissa Mayer told Bloomberg News she hopes to take her company to the next level, beyond Facebook.
"Facebook provides an amazing platform and so I think it will be one of the predominant platforms. But now what happens with social is what you do with it. It's not just writing down who your friends are. It's taking that and finding useful content and telling me hey you know you're in Davos right now, do you know who else is? And being able to offer me the opportunity to opportunistically meet up with somebody I didn't know would be here," Mayer said.
Mayer sees big opportunities for Yahoo and hopes to establish partnerships with Facebook, Google and Apple.
smartphones, tablets, yahoo, google, facebook, apple, business
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire