Marissa Mayer lays out future plans for Yahoo
Yahoo's next big move will be to personalize the internet for your smartphone or tablet.
At the World Economic Forum in Davos Friday, Yahoo Chief Executive Marissa Mayer told Bloomberg News she hopes to take her company to the next level, beyond Facebook.
"Facebook provides an amazing platform and so I think it will be one of the predominant platforms. But now what happens with social is what you do with it. It's not just writing down who your friends are. It's taking that and finding useful content and telling me hey you know you're in Davos right now, do you know who else is? And being able to offer me the opportunity to opportunistically meet up with somebody I didn't know would be here," Mayer said.
Mayer sees big opportunities for Yahoo and hopes to establish partnerships with Facebook, Google and Apple.
smartphones, tablets, yahoo, google, facebook, apple, business
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- I-Team obtains San Quentin crisis videos
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday