Trader Joe's raises price of "Two Buck Chuck"
The price of the popular "Two Buck Chuck" wine is no longer only two bucks.
The grocery chain Trader Joe's has raised the price from $1.99 to $2.49.
The famous Charles Shaw wine was introduced in 2002.
Though the price varies from state to state, it has stayed at two bucks in California for years.
Traders Joe's says it had no choice but to raise the price due to increased costs.
wine industry, business
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 25 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer 59 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation 57 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos