Trader Joe's raises price of "Two Buck Chuck"
The price of the popular "Two Buck Chuck" wine is no longer only two bucks.
The grocery chain Trader Joe's has raised the price from $1.99 to $2.49.
The famous Charles Shaw wine was introduced in 2002.
Though the price varies from state to state, it has stayed at two bucks in California for years.
Traders Joe's says it had no choice but to raise the price due to increased costs.
wine industry, business
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36 32 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 4 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland 11 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 45 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage 32 min ago
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
32 min ago