Hot ticket items on Black Friday
WASHINGTON -- So with the holiday shopping stampede now in full effect, what's actually selling?
With the sales beginning before the turkey-induced food coma could begin and even before pumpkin pie was served for dessert in most homes across America, it was pretty hard to ignore the deals and the new gadgets.
Apple wouldn't announce their deals until Friday morning -- slashing iPads, iPods and accessory prices to compete with stores like Target offering as much as $60 gift cards with the purchase of certain iPads.
Some of the deals like at Best Buy were announced on Twitter.
So what were the big sellers in this year's Black Friday sales?
One Target employee said, "It's similar to last year. Electronics, video games, TV's and toys."
BradDeals.com says, the most popular Black Friday deal was the Vizio 60" HDTV for $688 at Walmart, followed by a $100 iTunes eCard.
Some Target employees said that board games, Furby, and traditional favorites like Barbie are hard to keep stocked.
Some believe this year's hot ticket item is the Wii U because you can watch TV and play games all at the same time.
One Brookstone employee said, "They may come in to check out the deal but then find out something else is wonderful that they need to have or makes a great gift for someone else."
Like Brookstone's AR Drone, gathering images from above isn't just for the CIA or the Pentagon. The quadricopter is marked with cameras that can film above and below from 50 meters in range. Brookstone says they're flying off the shelves.
Cyber Monday may now be a thing of the past because online deals started as early as Wednesday.
Walmart will also be matching prices from purchases from November 1 through Christmas.
black friday, thanksgiving, shopping, best buy, target, walmart, cyber monday, business
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap 27 min ago
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued