Hot ticket items on Black Friday
WASHINGTON -- So with the holiday shopping stampede now in full effect, what's actually selling?
With the sales beginning before the turkey-induced food coma could begin and even before pumpkin pie was served for dessert in most homes across America, it was pretty hard to ignore the deals and the new gadgets.
Apple wouldn't announce their deals until Friday morning -- slashing iPads, iPods and accessory prices to compete with stores like Target offering as much as $60 gift cards with the purchase of certain iPads.
Some of the deals like at Best Buy were announced on Twitter.
So what were the big sellers in this year's Black Friday sales?
One Target employee said, "It's similar to last year. Electronics, video games, TV's and toys."
BradDeals.com says, the most popular Black Friday deal was the Vizio 60" HDTV for $688 at Walmart, followed by a $100 iTunes eCard.
Some Target employees said that board games, Furby, and traditional favorites like Barbie are hard to keep stocked.
Some believe this year's hot ticket item is the Wii U because you can watch TV and play games all at the same time.
One Brookstone employee said, "They may come in to check out the deal but then find out something else is wonderful that they need to have or makes a great gift for someone else."
Like Brookstone's AR Drone, gathering images from above isn't just for the CIA or the Pentagon. The quadricopter is marked with cameras that can film above and below from 50 meters in range. Brookstone says they're flying off the shelves.
Cyber Monday may now be a thing of the past because online deals started as early as Wednesday.
Walmart will also be matching prices from purchases from November 1 through Christmas.
black friday, thanksgiving, shopping, best buy, target, walmart, cyber monday, business
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 32 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday