Hot ticket items on Black Friday
WASHINGTON -- So with the holiday shopping stampede now in full effect, what's actually selling?
With the sales beginning before the turkey-induced food coma could begin and even before pumpkin pie was served for dessert in most homes across America, it was pretty hard to ignore the deals and the new gadgets.
Apple wouldn't announce their deals until Friday morning -- slashing iPads, iPods and accessory prices to compete with stores like Target offering as much as $60 gift cards with the purchase of certain iPads.
Some of the deals like at Best Buy were announced on Twitter.
So what were the big sellers in this year's Black Friday sales?
One Target employee said, "It's similar to last year. Electronics, video games, TV's and toys."
BradDeals.com says, the most popular Black Friday deal was the Vizio 60" HDTV for $688 at Walmart, followed by a $100 iTunes eCard.
Some Target employees said that board games, Furby, and traditional favorites like Barbie are hard to keep stocked.
Some believe this year's hot ticket item is the Wii U because you can watch TV and play games all at the same time.
One Brookstone employee said, "They may come in to check out the deal but then find out something else is wonderful that they need to have or makes a great gift for someone else."
Like Brookstone's AR Drone, gathering images from above isn't just for the CIA or the Pentagon. The quadricopter is marked with cameras that can film above and below from 50 meters in range. Brookstone says they're flying off the shelves.
Cyber Monday may now be a thing of the past because online deals started as early as Wednesday.
Walmart will also be matching prices from purchases from November 1 through Christmas.
black friday, thanksgiving, shopping, best buy, target, walmart, cyber monday, business
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Teen remembered 19 years after unsolved murder
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup
- Get Free Stuff: Coffee; Shampoo
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Unsolved murder vigil; Oakland shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 35 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
36 min ago