Frito Lay to release new caffeinated Cracker Jack
A caffeine controversy is brewing with a familiar product favored by children.
The maker of Cracker Jack says it will release an adult version of the snack with caffeine baked in. It's called "Cracker Jack'd" and it's scheduled to hit stores early next year.
Frito Lay, which makes Cracker Jack'd, says the product line will not be marketed to children. It says the package design will be "wholly different" from Cracker Jack.
food, children, business
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 42 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body