Frito Lay to release new caffeinated Cracker Jack
A caffeine controversy is brewing with a familiar product favored by children.
The maker of Cracker Jack says it will release an adult version of the snack with caffeine baked in. It's called "Cracker Jack'd" and it's scheduled to hit stores early next year.
Frito Lay, which makes Cracker Jack'd, says the product line will not be marketed to children. It says the package design will be "wholly different" from Cracker Jack.
food, children, business
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch 22 min ago
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts 10 min ago
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos