Frito Lay to release new caffeinated Cracker Jack
A caffeine controversy is brewing with a familiar product favored by children.
The maker of Cracker Jack says it will release an adult version of the snack with caffeine baked in. It's called "Cracker Jack'd" and it's scheduled to hit stores early next year.
Frito Lay, which makes Cracker Jack'd, says the product line will not be marketed to children. It says the package design will be "wholly different" from Cracker Jack.
food, children, business
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Muni driver honored for actions after shooting
- City says 'parklet' in Haight-Ashbury must go
- Man arrested after fatal crash in San Jose
- 6-year-old Union City boy mauled by dog
- 2 wildfires burning in Central Sierra foothills
- Charges filed against man in naked BART attack
- Caltrain reopens after police talk man off ledge
- Bicyclist struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
- Patient attacks nurse at Napa State Hospital
- Flooding renews call for new Oakland A's stadium
- abcnews: Putin accused of stealing Super Bowl ring
- roundup: Burglaries in Livermore; Cabbie robs fare
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday