Orangutan chooses 49ers to win the Super Bowl
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A female orangutan and Super Bowl clairvoyant is officially a member of the 49er Faithful.
Each year the primate at Fresno's Chaffee Zoo is given a choice of boxes with Super Bowl team blankets inside.
This year there was one for the 49ers and one for the Baltimore Ravens.
The 25-year-old new mom picked the 49ers blanket out of the box within a few seconds. She didn't even bother opening the box with the Ravens blanket inside!
But beware Niners fans -- her Super Bowl picks have been correct 50 percent of the time.
fresno, animal, san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, super bowl, watercooler
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events 24 min ago
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications
- 'Shrimp Boy' pleads not guilty in corruption case
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos