Orangutan chooses 49ers to win the Super Bowl
FRESNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A female orangutan and Super Bowl clairvoyant is officially a member of the 49er Faithful.
Each year the primate at Fresno's Chaffee Zoo is given a choice of boxes with Super Bowl team blankets inside.
This year there was one for the 49ers and one for the Baltimore Ravens.
The 25-year-old new mom picked the 49ers blanket out of the box within a few seconds. She didn't even bother opening the box with the Ravens blanket inside!
But beware Niners fans -- her Super Bowl picks have been correct 50 percent of the time.
fresno, animal, san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, super bowl, watercooler
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Teen remembered 19 years after unsolved murder
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup 58 min ago
- Get Free Stuff: Coffee from Gevalia
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Unsolved murder vigil; Oakland shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday