7 On Your Side
Do you have unclaimed money coming?
You could have as much as $700,000 owed to you and not even know it. You've likely heard this before and might not have even bothered to check, but maybe this will change your mind.
Federal officials say there are $58 billion sitting out there waiting for you to claim. It is cash that people left behind in abandoned bank accounts, stock holdings, unclaimed life insurance payouts and forgotten pensions.
Here in California, the California State Controller's Office tells us there's $6.1 billon waiting to be claimed. That's money that belongs to 17.6 million people.
We have links to various websites where you can check to see if you have money coming.
7 on your side, michael finney
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos