7 On Your Side
Annie's recalls rising-crust frozen pizza
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Berkeley-based food company Annie's is voluntarily recalling its homegrown frozen pizza after tiny pieces of metal mesh were found in the dough and flour.
The pizza has a "best by" date of Jan. 9, 2013 through Sept. 14, 2013.
All varieties of its "Annie's rising crust frozen pizza" are affected. The product is distributed throughout the United States.
Annie's says no metal has been found in its finished product and that the recall is precautionary only. No consumer complaints, illnesses or injuries have been reported.
berkeley, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges 2 min ago
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
23 min ago