7 On Your Side
Annie's recalls rising-crust frozen pizza
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Berkeley-based food company Annie's is voluntarily recalling its homegrown frozen pizza after tiny pieces of metal mesh were found in the dough and flour.
The pizza has a "best by" date of Jan. 9, 2013 through Sept. 14, 2013.
All varieties of its "Annie's rising crust frozen pizza" are affected. The product is distributed throughout the United States.
Annie's says no metal has been found in its finished product and that the recall is precautionary only. No consumer complaints, illnesses or injuries have been reported.
berkeley, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires 11 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- SF Mayor pledges to fix public housing elevators 35 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch