7 On Your Side
Annie's recalls rising-crust frozen pizza
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Berkeley-based food company Annie's is voluntarily recalling its homegrown frozen pizza after tiny pieces of metal mesh were found in the dough and flour.
The pizza has a "best by" date of Jan. 9, 2013 through Sept. 14, 2013.
All varieties of its "Annie's rising crust frozen pizza" are affected. The product is distributed throughout the United States.
Annie's says no metal has been found in its finished product and that the recall is precautionary only. No consumer complaints, illnesses or injuries have been reported.
berkeley, 7 on your side, michael finney
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test 4 min ago
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 21 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 10 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos