7 On Your Side
Subway foot-long sandwich found 1 inch short
When someone sells you a foot-long sandwich, you probably don't expect an 11-inch one.
That's what a man from Australia got from Subway sandwiches. The man was so angry he posted a picture of the sandwich next to a ruler on Subway's Facebook page. More than 100,000 people "liked" or commented on the photo.
The photo has since been taken down, but scores of others have reposted the photo. Reporters from the New York Post bought seven foot-long sandwiches and found that four were shy of 12 inches. Subway says when the bread isn't baked to specifications, the sandwich may come up short.
Is that what you call short bread?
7 on your side, michael finney
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 13 min ago
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
10 min ago