7 On Your Side
Subway foot-long sandwich found 1 inch short
When someone sells you a foot-long sandwich, you probably don't expect an 11-inch one.
That's what a man from Australia got from Subway sandwiches. The man was so angry he posted a picture of the sandwich next to a ruler on Subway's Facebook page. More than 100,000 people "liked" or commented on the photo.
The photo has since been taken down, but scores of others have reposted the photo. Reporters from the New York Post bought seven foot-long sandwiches and found that four were shy of 12 inches. Subway says when the bread isn't baked to specifications, the sandwich may come up short.
Is that what you call short bread?
7 on your side, michael finney
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Dixon boy fatally mauled by dog in Union City
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect
- Colma BART station reopened after fatality
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday