7 On Your Side
Subway foot-long sandwich found 1 inch short
When someone sells you a foot-long sandwich, you probably don't expect an 11-inch one.
That's what a man from Australia got from Subway sandwiches. The man was so angry he posted a picture of the sandwich next to a ruler on Subway's Facebook page. More than 100,000 people "liked" or commented on the photo.
The photo has since been taken down, but scores of others have reposted the photo. Reporters from the New York Post bought seven foot-long sandwiches and found that four were shy of 12 inches. Subway says when the bread isn't baked to specifications, the sandwich may come up short.
Is that what you call short bread?
7 on your side, michael finney
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880 45 min ago
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 19 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case