7 On Your Side
United Airlines attempts second fare hike of 2013
A major airline made a second attempt today to raise air fares.
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again," -- that could be today's motto for United Airlines. United tried to raise ticket prices for the second time this year.
The first attempt was on Jan. 3, when the airline raised fares up to $5 each way. However, other carriers did not follow suit. So United brought its fares back down. Well, on Thursday it tried again, this time raising fares up to $10 each way.
United says the fare hike has nothing to do with the grounding of Boeing's dreamliner jets. United owns six dreamliners.
united airlines, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Paul McCartney will play the final show at Candlestick 11 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion