7 On Your Side
United Airlines attempts second fare hike of 2013
A major airline made a second attempt today to raise air fares.
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again," -- that could be today's motto for United Airlines. United tried to raise ticket prices for the second time this year.
The first attempt was on Jan. 3, when the airline raised fares up to $5 each way. However, other carriers did not follow suit. So United brought its fares back down. Well, on Thursday it tried again, this time raising fares up to $10 each way.
United says the fare hike has nothing to do with the grounding of Boeing's dreamliner jets. United owns six dreamliners.
united airlines, 7 on your side, michael finney
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire 21 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station 32 min ago
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery 4 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos