7 On Your Side
United Airlines attempts second fare hike of 2013
A major airline made a second attempt today to raise air fares.
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again," -- that could be today's motto for United Airlines. United tried to raise ticket prices for the second time this year.
The first attempt was on Jan. 3, when the airline raised fares up to $5 each way. However, other carriers did not follow suit. So United brought its fares back down. Well, on Thursday it tried again, this time raising fares up to $10 each way.
United says the fare hike has nothing to do with the grounding of Boeing's dreamliner jets. United owns six dreamliners.
united airlines, 7 on your side, michael finney
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 4 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 1 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos