7 On Your Side
CES: Audi shows driverless car will also pick you up
We've heard of cars that drive themselves, but what about a driverless car that will also come pick you up?
Audi is showing a car at the Consumer Electronics Show that does exactly that. The car not only parks itself, but also drives over and picks you up. ABC technology editor Joanna Stern says you call it with your smartphone.
"Seeing a driverless car on its own is really amazing, but also being able to press a button on the phone, see the car start up and then arrive where you're standing is downright amazing," said Stern.
However, Audi says it is still 10 years off before you will be able to buy one.
auto industry, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos