7 On Your Side
CES: Audi shows driverless car will also pick you up
We've heard of cars that drive themselves, but what about a driverless car that will also come pick you up?
Audi is showing a car at the Consumer Electronics Show that does exactly that. The car not only parks itself, but also drives over and picks you up. ABC technology editor Joanna Stern says you call it with your smartphone.
"Seeing a driverless car on its own is really amazing, but also being able to press a button on the phone, see the car start up and then arrive where you're standing is downright amazing," said Stern.
However, Audi says it is still 10 years off before you will be able to buy one.
auto industry, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock 42 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's...
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 53 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan