7 On Your Side
CES: Audi shows driverless car will also pick you up
We've heard of cars that drive themselves, but what about a driverless car that will also come pick you up?
Audi is showing a car at the Consumer Electronics Show that does exactly that. The car not only parks itself, but also drives over and picks you up. ABC technology editor Joanna Stern says you call it with your smartphone.
"Seeing a driverless car on its own is really amazing, but also being able to press a button on the phone, see the car start up and then arrive where you're standing is downright amazing," said Stern.
However, Audi says it is still 10 years off before you will be able to buy one.
auto industry, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
59 min ago