7 On Your Side
CES: Audi shows driverless car will also pick you up
We've heard of cars that drive themselves, but what about a driverless car that will also come pick you up?
Audi is showing a car at the Consumer Electronics Show that does exactly that. The car not only parks itself, but also drives over and picks you up. ABC technology editor Joanna Stern says you call it with your smartphone.
"Seeing a driverless car on its own is really amazing, but also being able to press a button on the phone, see the car start up and then arrive where you're standing is downright amazing," said Stern.
However, Audi says it is still 10 years off before you will be able to buy one.
auto industry, 7 on your side, michael finney
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday