7 On Your Side
CES: Audi shows driverless car will also pick you up
We've heard of cars that drive themselves, but what about a driverless car that will also come pick you up?
Audi is showing a car at the Consumer Electronics Show that does exactly that. The car not only parks itself, but also drives over and picks you up. ABC technology editor Joanna Stern says you call it with your smartphone.
"Seeing a driverless car on its own is really amazing, but also being able to press a button on the phone, see the car start up and then arrive where you're standing is downright amazing," said Stern.
However, Audi says it is still 10 years off before you will be able to buy one.
auto industry, 7 on your side, michael finney
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 20 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 2 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 5 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
2 min ago