Just Like Me: The Taylor Family Foundation
During our half-hour special, "Just Like Me," ABC7's Cheryl Jennings brings you the inspirational stories of some of these families - once in crisis - now full of relief and hope because of the Taylor Family Foundation. Plus, we'll learn more about music therapy and how it benefits children battling life-threatening illnesses. The Taylor Family Foundation talks about new plans to not only bring this engaging therapy to camp, but also take it on the road.
FULL SHOW: Watch the entire special here
"As a parent of kids who are sick and knowing what that entails and how much worry and how much stress that can put on your family, the fact that there is an organization out there that can take some of that stress off of you. It's huge."
Zoe Penston, 12-Year-Old Daughter Lives with Rare, Neuromuscular Disease It's name is synonymous with Camp Arroyo, a free camp in Livermore for kids with life-threatening illnesses or life-altering conditions. However, the Taylor Family Foundation does so much more for thousands of families in need. "I think the camp programs are great and I love them and we'll always do them, but helping people in that kind of stress is just a beautiful gift for them, for us, for everybody."
Elaine Taylor, Taylor Family Foundation Co-Founder & Pres. "Just Like Me" premiere's Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. It also airs the following dates and times:
Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 10:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Comcast Channels 195 & 715:
Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 7:00 a.m.
Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 7:30 a.m.
children, parenting, charities, news, cheryl jennings
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...