Just Like Me: The Taylor Family Foundation
During our half-hour special, "Just Like Me," ABC7's Cheryl Jennings brings you the inspirational stories of some of these families - once in crisis - now full of relief and hope because of the Taylor Family Foundation. Plus, we'll learn more about music therapy and how it benefits children battling life-threatening illnesses. The Taylor Family Foundation talks about new plans to not only bring this engaging therapy to camp, but also take it on the road.
FULL SHOW: Watch the entire special here
"As a parent of kids who are sick and knowing what that entails and how much worry and how much stress that can put on your family, the fact that there is an organization out there that can take some of that stress off of you. It's huge."
Zoe Penston, 12-Year-Old Daughter Lives with Rare, Neuromuscular Disease It's name is synonymous with Camp Arroyo, a free camp in Livermore for kids with life-threatening illnesses or life-altering conditions. However, the Taylor Family Foundation does so much more for thousands of families in need. "I think the camp programs are great and I love them and we'll always do them, but helping people in that kind of stress is just a beautiful gift for them, for us, for everybody."
Elaine Taylor, Taylor Family Foundation Co-Founder & Pres. "Just Like Me" premiere's Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. It also airs the following dates and times:
Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 10:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Comcast Channels 195 & 715:
Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 7:00 a.m.
Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 7:30 a.m.
children, parenting, charities, news, cheryl jennings
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock 45 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's...
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 56 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan