In Your Community
Stuff-a-Bus at Honda Center in Anaheim - Come donate toys today
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Here's your chance to make the holidays special for less-fortunate children at our annual Spark of Love Toy Drive.
At Friday's Stuff-A-Bus event at the Honda Center in Anaheim, from 4:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., people brought a new, unwrapped toy or sports equipment and met Garth Kemp (dressed as a giant elf). He was there all day, taking your donations for the Spark of Love Toy Drive.
They filled a record 18 buses at Friday's event!
For 21 years, ABC7 and firefighters from Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, along with the Los Angeles City Fire Department, have joined forces to run the Spark of Love Toy Drive. This campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for the under served children in our communities.
Toys collected in the respective counties are distributed locally. Last year alone, Spark of Love collected over 500,000 toys within all five counties and we want to top that total this year, so please help the firefighter's ignite a spark of love in a child's heart.
spark of love toy drive, stuff a bus, garth the elf, benefit, charity, in your community
- School bus crash: Driver, 2 kids hospitalized 39 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 9 min ago
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover