San Diego shooting: Woman killed, man wounded outside mall
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- A man and woman in their 20s were shot while sitting in a car in a mall parking lot in San Diego on Tuesday. A search is underway for the gunman.
Police responded to the Westfield Mission Valley Mall outside a Macy's department store shortly after 1 a.m. Officers say a woman called 911 and stated that she was shot.
Officers arrived and found the shooting victims. A female victim was declared dead at the scene. Her name has not been released. A male victim was rushed to Scripps Mercy Hospital in unknown condition. Police say both victims were shot in the head and upper body.
A motive for the shooting is unknown at this time. The suspect's vehicle was described as a 2008 to 2011 gray Honda.
Authorities say Macy's was open at the time, and investigators are looking for witnesses. Anyone with information is urged to call the San Diego Police Department's Homicide Unit at (619) 531-2293 or San Diego County Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.
City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, san diego, california news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter