Alex Rodriguez to be suspended Monday, ESPN reports
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Alex Rodriguez will be suspended Monday, likely through the end of the 2014 season, sources told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Saturday.
A source also told "Outside the Lines" there are potentially 12 other players facing 50-game suspensions without appealing them.
Rodriguez is one of 14 players who are part of an MLB investigation into drug use.
A tweet from Sports Center also indicated that Rodriguez will lose $34.2 million in salary if he can't play while he appeals and he is not reinstated before the 2014 season.
ESPN contributed to this report.
new york, new york yankees, mlb
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 1 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 13 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings 49 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis