Alex Rodriguez to be suspended Monday, ESPN reports
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Alex Rodriguez will be suspended Monday, likely through the end of the 2014 season, sources told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Saturday.
A source also told "Outside the Lines" there are potentially 12 other players facing 50-game suspensions without appealing them.
Rodriguez is one of 14 players who are part of an MLB investigation into drug use.
A tweet from Sports Center also indicated that Rodriguez will lose $34.2 million in salary if he can't play while he appeals and he is not reinstated before the 2014 season.
ESPN contributed to this report.
new york, new york yankees, mlb
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour