Alex Rodriguez to be suspended Monday, ESPN reports
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Alex Rodriguez will be suspended Monday, likely through the end of the 2014 season, sources told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Saturday.
A source also told "Outside the Lines" there are potentially 12 other players facing 50-game suspensions without appealing them.
Rodriguez is one of 14 players who are part of an MLB investigation into drug use.
A tweet from Sports Center also indicated that Rodriguez will lose $34.2 million in salary if he can't play while he appeals and he is not reinstated before the 2014 season.
ESPN contributed to this report.
new york, new york yankees, mlb
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 44 min ago
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies 19 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors