Ohio police shootout caught on tape; Suspect armed with AK-47
MIDDLEFIELD, Ohio (KABC) -- A routine traffic stop in Middlefield, Ohio turned into a life or death shootout between police and a suspect armed with an AK-47. The dramatic gun battle was caught on tape.
The dash-cam video shows the driver swinging his door open and firing numerous rounds at police with an AK-47. The bullets pierced the squad car's windshield.
The gunman is then heard screaming "Kill me! Kill me!"
Officers returned fire, killing the suspect.
One of the officers was shot in the hand and the other was hit in the leg.
It's unclear why the man opened fire but police found numerous weapons and explosives in the suspect's car.
officer-involved shooting, caught on tape, national news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 9 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Obama to preserve California federal lands 50 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video