Ventura County News
Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer in Moorpark crosswalk
MOORPARK, Calif. -- An 11-year-old boy on a scooter was injured when a tractor-trailer struck him and drove off in Moorpark.
Authorities say the child was riding his scooter eastbound in the crosswalk at the intersection of Moorpark Avenue and Second Street when he was hit by an unidentified tractor-trailer traveling southbound on Moorpark Avenue at about 3:15 p.m. Friday.
The vehicle continued southbound on Moorpark Avenue and left the area. Emergency officials arrived on scene and treated the child, who was transported to Los Robles Hospital with serious injuries to his right leg. His parents were notified.
Moorpark police do not have any information about the tractor-trailer. It remains unknown whether the driver even knew he had hit the child.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Moorpark Police Department or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
ventura county news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2