Ventura County News
2 arrested after VC stolen vehicle pursuit
FILLMORE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men suspected of stealing a Caltrans van were arrested following a pursuit in Ventura County Sunday.
The vehicle was reported stolen from the 1200 block of Ventura Street in Fillmore around 2 a.m.
Ventura County deputies shortly located the vehicle on Los Angeles Avenue near Vineyard Avenue in the El Rio area and attempted to stop the vehicle. After failing to yield, a short pursuit ensued.
The pursuit eventually came to a stop in the 3000 block of Nyeland Avenue where Manuel Rodriguez and Jesus Mendez were arrested.
Rodriguez and Mendez were booked at the Ventura County Pre-Trial Detention Facility for theft, obstruction of justice and felony vandalism.
pursuit, arrest, ventura county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 5 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 23 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 48 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)