Ventura County News
2 arrested after VC stolen vehicle pursuit
FILLMORE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men suspected of stealing a Caltrans van were arrested following a pursuit in Ventura County Sunday.
The vehicle was reported stolen from the 1200 block of Ventura Street in Fillmore around 2 a.m.
Ventura County deputies shortly located the vehicle on Los Angeles Avenue near Vineyard Avenue in the El Rio area and attempted to stop the vehicle. After failing to yield, a short pursuit ensued.
The pursuit eventually came to a stop in the 3000 block of Nyeland Avenue where Manuel Rodriguez and Jesus Mendez were arrested.
Rodriguez and Mendez were booked at the Ventura County Pre-Trial Detention Facility for theft, obstruction of justice and felony vandalism.
pursuit, arrest, ventura county news
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival 30 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover