Ventura County News
Man shot in head in Ventura gang fight Sunday
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was hospitalized in grave condition Sunday night after being shot in the head during a fight in Ventura.
Ventura Police received a report of a fight on the 100 block of West Harrison Avenue at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.
Responding officers found an adult male lying on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to his head. He was transported to Ventura County Medical Center and was listed in grave condition.
Three Hispanic males in their late teens or early 20s, wearing dark clothing were listed as suspects, according to police.
VPD Major Crimes Investigators were notified and responded to assist. Investigators believe the shooting is gang-related and were continuing investigating the incident.
Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
shooting, fight, ventura county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 24 min ago
- IE domestic violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated 11 min ago
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis' 53 min ago
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate