Ventura County News
Man shot in head in Ventura gang fight Sunday
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was hospitalized in grave condition Sunday night after being shot in the head during a fight in Ventura.
Ventura Police received a report of a fight on the 100 block of West Harrison Avenue at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.
Responding officers found an adult male lying on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to his head. He was transported to Ventura County Medical Center and was listed in grave condition.
Three Hispanic males in their late teens or early 20s, wearing dark clothing were listed as suspects, according to police.
VPD Major Crimes Investigators were notified and responded to assist. Investigators believe the shooting is gang-related and were continuing investigating the incident.
Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
shooting, fight, ventura county news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour