Ventura County News
Man shot in head in Ventura gang fight Sunday
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was hospitalized in grave condition Sunday night after being shot in the head during a fight in Ventura.
Ventura Police received a report of a fight on the 100 block of West Harrison Avenue at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.
Responding officers found an adult male lying on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to his head. He was transported to Ventura County Medical Center and was listed in grave condition.
Three Hispanic males in their late teens or early 20s, wearing dark clothing were listed as suspects, according to police.
VPD Major Crimes Investigators were notified and responded to assist. Investigators believe the shooting is gang-related and were continuing investigating the incident.
Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
shooting, fight, ventura county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 5 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 23 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 48 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)