Ventura County News
Man shot in head in Ventura gang fight Sunday
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was hospitalized in grave condition Sunday night after being shot in the head during a fight in Ventura.
Ventura Police received a report of a fight on the 100 block of West Harrison Avenue at 7:45 p.m. Sunday.
Responding officers found an adult male lying on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound to his head. He was transported to Ventura County Medical Center and was listed in grave condition.
Three Hispanic males in their late teens or early 20s, wearing dark clothing were listed as suspects, according to police.
VPD Major Crimes Investigators were notified and responded to assist. Investigators believe the shooting is gang-related and were continuing investigating the incident.
Anyone with information related to the case is urged to call the Ventura Police Department at (805) 339-4441.
shooting, fight, ventura county news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2