Ventura County News
Man assaulted with hammer in Oxnard - police
OXNARD, Calif. (KABC) -- Police say a man was assaulted with a hammer by another man in Oxnard on Sunday.
According to police, Macario Perearamirez, 60, assaulted Frank Ramos, 51, with a hammer at the Rescue Mission, located in the 200 block of East Sixth Street. It was not clear why the assault occurred.
Police say Ramos then struck Perearamirez once in self-defense. Perearamirez fell and hit his head on the pavement.
When police arrived at the scene, they found Perearamirez unconscious with a head wound. He was taken to St. John's Regional Medical Center where he was treated for his injury.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Oxnard detectives at (805) 385-7796.
ventura county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 3 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk 11 min ago
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: Benedict Cumberbatch recites R. Kelly lyrics